2012年9月13日星期四

Justin Bieber Calls Himself 'Pretty Romantic Guy'

Bieber opens up about growing up with Ryan Seacrest for NBC's 'Rock Center.'




Justin Bieber may feel like he's "Just Getting Started," but if you ask his fans, they would say he's well on his way.

The 18-year-old pop phenom talked with Ryan Seacrest for Thursday's "Today" show and NBC's "Rock Center with Brian Williams" to promote his second memoir, "Just Getting Started," which gives Beliebers an inside look at his life both on and off the road — and how he's figuring out the person he wants to be.



"I feel like I'm definitely growing up, I'm 18," Bieber said. "I think when you're 18, you're not fully a man yet. I think you are becoming the person that you're gonna be, but now I feel like I have more responsibility in different aspects of my life."

And part of growing up involves the development of his music and sound, which he hopes people are starting to pay attention to more than his signature hair style.

"I just don't want to be another teen heartthrob, 'cause that just annoys me to think that's what people will think of me. I want to prove people wrong," Bieber said. "I think hearing older people say, 'Wow, this new album is great. I didn't know that was Justin Bieber,' or, ' "As Long as You Love Me," that's Justin Bieber's song?' I like those reactions, because they're judging me based on my music, not based on the flick of my hair, 'cause that's not what I want. ... Although, that's fine. I don't hate that."

Yet, music wasn't the only subject he touched upon. Bieber divulges his dating advice in his new book, and considers himself a "pretty romantic guy," and most would agree after he revealed the most romantic thing he has ever done for someone.

"The most romantic thing I've done is the Staples Center," Bieber said, referring to the night he rented out the 20,000-seat arena for a private screening of "Titanic" with girlfriend Selena Gomez.

However, not everything that happened over the course of the year has been positive for Bieber. He touches upon his several run-ins with the "annoying" paparazzi and admits why he decided to speak publicly on the 2011 paternity suit brought against him by Mariah Yeater, becoming the subject of his track "Maria".

"It was all happening ... people were always telling me 'You can't talk about it,' " Bieber said. "So for me, I wanted to be able to just say in my words, how I felt."

But one of the most surprising moments was when Bieber's mother, Pattie Mallette, joined the interview and revealed that during the course of her pregnancy she often referred to Justin as Jesse, but when he was born she thought he didn't quite fit the name.

"I feel like I am not a Jesse," Bieber said. "That would have been weird."

Bieber's entire interview with Seacrest airs Thursday on NBC's "Rock Center."

What was your favorite moment of the "Today" interview? Let us know in the comments!

没有评论:

发表评论