2012年10月10日星期三

Justin Bieber’s mom talks about her newly published best-selling autobiography


Being the mother of an international superstar must be a bit of a mind trip.

However, despite millions of fans, dubbed Beliebers, constantly gushing about both the musical talents and youthful good looks of her son, Justin, Pattie Mallette seems to have taken the insanely high levels of fandom in stride.

In a live chat with Postmedia’s Ruth Dunley, Mallette touched on her troubled upbringing in Stratford, Ontario, as well as being Justin Bieber’s mom, and her newly published autobiography entitled Nowhere But Up .

Mallette was the victim of sexual abuse from the age of three years old. She also struggled throughout her teenage life with drugs and alcohol.

When she was only 17 years old, Mallette attempted suicide by throwing herself in front of a truck.  As a result, she spent a stint in a mental ward.

Soon after being released she became pregnant with Justin.

“The first thing I thought when I became pregnant was that it wasn’t true! I didn’t believe it,” said Mallette. “I talk about it in the book and explained how fearful I was. I was just so young.”

As a single mother, Mallette worked part-time jobs, while raising her son on government assistance in low-income housing.

“We lived below the poverty level for years and I worked 2 and 3 jobs to put food on the table,” Mallette recalls.

Justin’s mother credits establishing a relationship with God as the catalyst to turning around her life.

“ an amazing encounter with God. I didn’t believe He was real until I had that experience for myself in the hospital after trying to commit suicide. It changed my life!!”

Even though her son is currently a larger-than-life figure, Mallette does her best to remain humble.

“Staying humble is just knowing I’m no more valuable than anyone else, and I need God’s help to be a role model!”

As for her son’s success, Mallette likens her sense of pride to that held by every other proud parent.

“I feel amazing when I see Justin on stage.. so proud! I think any parent is proud of their kids at School recitals and such.. its just a VERY big recital!”

没有评论:

发表评论